Wednesday, June 10, 2009


Sungei road thieves market






The funny uncle who was nicknamed the tiger brother?






It is one of the oldest flea markets in Singapore and I never been there because I was afraid of the cheekopeks. That was what my mum warned me about when I told her about me wanting to visit the place. I finally had the courage to go because Ashley's Bf was going with us. The place was really an eye opener. The things sold there were damn random. From Taps to broken Barbie Dolls,chopsticks,trinkets and to Soap? The flea vendors were mostly old men and women who were just trying to make a living. Even an earning of a few dollars a day would make them very contended.It was sad seeing how hard they were trying to promote and sell their wares under that hot scorching sun. Some of them were really really old.I just realized that I have been taking life for granted when people are striving so hard to live.I must control my spending!




After sweating like almost a bucket of sweat and enduring the glaring evening sun,I managed to go home happy with 4 bags in which 3 are vintage and one is a charles and keith. The total cost of the 4 bags are less than $20. Amazing right? the bags were already damn cheap but I managed to bargain.Everyone was amazed that i could find stuff that I liked and the fact that I went with a bag but returned with 5. Sungei Road is truly a place where treasures could be found.I really wanted to buy more stuff but I did not bring enough money.I really saw a few rings and vintage accessories that were good potential buys.I will just have to wait till the next time.
Anyone willing to go with me? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment